Porto is not on a lot of people’s map as a destination for running convention, trade shows, conferences, training days or whatever, perhaps because in part Portugal is often associated with the sort of blander version of tourism seen in the Algarve. The north of Portugal and Porto in particular have so much more to offer, so here are our 5 top reasons for choosing Porto as your event destination.
1. Great variety of venues for small and medium sized events, including purpose built exhibition centres such as Exponorte and Europarque and lots of historic buildings with real charm and character.
2. An extremely friendly people who give visitors a genuine and heartfelt welcome and a charming mid-sized city.
3. Very competitive prices for venues, accommodation, dining, staff and tourist activities.
4. Goldilocks weather – plenty of sun, but only rarely too hot or too cold.
5. Great transport connections – Porto airport has direct flights to over 60 destinations and is 15 minutes from the city centre
Porto is not a huge urban hub to rival Madrid, Lisbon, Milan or wherever, but it has a compelling case to make as a destination for all sorts of mid-sized events and there is no doubt that it is a city on the up. Please contact us at PortoEvents to find out how we can organize an unforgettable event for your business.